Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Busy Weeeknd

The weekend was busy. We started with an interview with the Japan America Society for Lindsy to be a Jr. Ambassador for the Asian Pacific Children's Conference this summer in Japan. She was one of six female finalists and two will be selected. She enjoyed "mixing" with the other finalists, learning and playing games that helped teach communication and Japanese culture. She made two new friends in the process. Elizabeth even made a friend too. Then we ate at McDonald's (their favorite place) and I dropped them off with some friends while I went and assisted my mom with a dinner auction at the church. I managed to buy a dinner which will include dinner and card making. That dinner will be in September. I am hosting a Harry Potter lunch and 12 people purchased that lunch. So I am looking forward to that party too. A couple of friends of mine had an engagement party that, due to the auction, I could not attend but I had a friend that was going and thought she might spend the night at my house. So after I picked up the kids I frantically began cleaning house, but then she canceled and I went to bed.

Sunday, was another amazing day. I finished some of the cleaning I had started, then we proceeded to church. Elizabeth is finally starting to pay attention in mass. I think it is so she will know when it will end, so she can get a donut. The kids then hung out with my mom while I attended Nihogokai. I was able to network with some people in the Atlanta area who love Japan or are Japanese. I learned several things and was able to use my Japanese language some. I made two new friends too. I then picked up the kids, chatted with mom and joined Mark & Amy for Mexican dinner. We had a long discussion on private vs public schools, since Lindsy's 6th grade year is moving to the middle school. Before next year, middle school has been 7th & 8th only. So for me I need to get used to the idea. The years are going by too fast. I got a phone call from Ryan, he is feeling fluish but will get a pass this weekend. I look forward to helping him feel better. It is always good to hear from him. And then I also received an awesome gift from my awesome friend Rebecca. It's a GWU Santa with a GWU child cheerleader on his lap. I immediately put it in the curio, to display my school pride year round. Thanks so much Rebecca!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment